GE APPLIANCES "CLEAN SHEETS" CONTEST
- The GE Appliances "Clean Sheets" Contest (the "Contest") begins at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time ("ET") on Friday, April 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 (the "Contest Period"). The Contest is being conducted by MC Commercial Inc. (the "Contest Sponsor").
- Contest is open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence at the time of entry.
Employees, immediate family members of employees, representatives or agents of the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agents, and those residing with the foregoing are not eligible to enter this Contest.
Contest Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest, complete an entry form on geappliances.ca during the Contest Period.
Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the status of any entry. Entries that do not comply with the terms of the Contest will be disqualified. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered. The Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical defects, errors, and/or lost, delayed or garbled entry information. Entries void if electronically or mechanically reproduced, defective, or altered or if they contain production, typographical, electronic, mechanical or other errors.
- For the purposes of this Contest and these Official Contest Rules, the "Prize" shall be a GE Appliances Ultrafresh laundry pair consisting of a washer (item #GFW850SPNRS) and dryer (item #GFD85ESMNRS) (the "Prize"). The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Prize is Cdn$4,298. The number of prizes available will depend on the number of clean sheets that the Canadian MLS team goalkeepers achieve during the Contest Period. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded to the winner.
The Contest Sponsor will arrange for the delivery of the Prize to the winner free of charge. The Prize must be accepted as offered and may not be transferred, exchanged or refunded. The Prize cannot be substituted for cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equivalent or greater value at its sole discretion. All expenses not specified herein, such as the cost of installing the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
Draw and Winner Selection
- A random draw will be done from all eligible entries within 24 hours of each time that a goalkeeper of a Canadian Major League Soccer ("MLS") team (i.e., the Toronto FC, CF Montreal or Vancouver Whitecaps) does not let any goals in at a home match (i.e., gets a clean sheet) during the Contest Period. The random draw will be done by the Contest Sponsor at its office located at 5420 North Service Rd, Burlington, ON. The number of Prizes available to be won depend on the number of clean sheets achieved by the goalkeepers of Canadian MLS teams during home games that occur within the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email (the "Notification") within five (5) business days of the draw at the telephone and/or email address provided by the entrant at the time of entry. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted, does not respond within 7 business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize, the selected entrant may be disqualified in the Contest Sponsor's sole discretion, and in such case the Contest Sponsor will select an alternate winner in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries.
The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure, for any reason whatsoever, of a selected entrant to receive the Prize Notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive a selected entrant's response.
- To be declared an actual winner, the selected entrant must: (a) be in compliance with these Official Rules; (b) correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question that will be administered over the phone or via email at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time; and (c) sign and return a publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of its having been sent by the Contest Sponsor. Failure to meet any of the foregoing conditions will result in the selected entrant automatically forfeiting their prize and nothing will be offered in its place.
- By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The entrant further agrees that the Contest Sponsor, including its agents, representatives and those associated with them may communicate with the entrant regarding his or her participation in the Contest via electronic mail, telephone or otherwise. These Official Rules are subject to change without notification at the Contest Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of, and not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other cause that the Contest Sponsor or its agents deem could corrupt or affect the administration, operation, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate the Contest and select the winners from among the eligible entries received prior to the action, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by the Contest Sponsor.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the process or the operation of the Contest by acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in any disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- The Contest Sponsor, including its agents, representatives and those associated with them, are not responsible for any entry, Prize Notification or the claim for Prize, which is lost, misdirected or which arrives late, as the case may be, whether or not due to the fault of the Contest Sponsor or of any other thing.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, directors, officers, employees and agents from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the Prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
- For residents of Quebec only, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses el des jeux ("Regie") for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter nor is Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter associated with this Contest in any way. By entering, you acknowledge that Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter bares no responsibility for this promotion and you acknowledge that Instagram, Facebook, Twitter bares no liability whatsoever in connection with this promotion. You understand that you are providing information to the Contest Sponsor and not to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Contest Sponsor, and not to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Privacy/Use of Personal Information
- The Contest Sponsor respects your right to privacy. All personal information, such as name and contact information, is collected by the Contest Sponsor solely for the purposes of administering this Contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your express consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used for the stated purposes. The Prize winner also grants the Contest Sponsor the right to use their name, city/town/area, and image or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast, online and social media announcements, without notice or further compensation other than the Prize and at no expense to the Prize winner.
- The Contest Sponsor will not sell, share or otherwise disclose the personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by the Contest Sponsor to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the manner of collection, use and disclosure of their personal information in accordance as described above. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to allow the Contest Sponsor to contact them regarding the Contest.