AODA INTEGRATED ACCESSIBILITY POLICY
To ensure MC Commercial Inc. uses reasonable efforts to provide goods and services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. The Company will comply with all applicable legislation with respect to accessibility and will implement the standards specified under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA, 2005”) and the Human Rights Code.
Policy Statement and Organizational Commitment
MC Commercial Inc. shall use every effort to ensure that we meet the needs of people with disabilities, in a timely manner, through the implementation of this policy and accessibility plan. MC Commercial Inc. is committed to meeting our legislative reporting obligations.
Scope and Responsibilities
This plan shall apply to every person who is deemed an employee and those dealing with the public, whether it be as an employee, contractor, volunteer, etc. Please note that while accessibility principles and efforts apply to and will be followed by all MC Commercial Inc. (mabe) locations, the specifics of this plan document apply only to locations with 50 or more employees as per the regulation.
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Our multi-year plan outlines a phase in strategy to identify, prevent, and remove barriers and address the current and future requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”). This plan will be reviewed and updated at least once a year by the Human Resources Department.
MC Commercial Inc. shall take the following steps to notify all employees and the public about the availability of accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
- During all stages of the recruitment process including posting a job, conducting phone screens, interviews, during testing (if applicable) and presentation of an offer letter.
- In the event that a selected applicant requires accommodation, MC Commercial Inc. shall work with the individual to provide suitable accommodation.
- New employees will be notified during the orientation process of MC Commercial Inc.’s duty to accommodate.
All current and newly hired MC Commercial Inc. employees will be provided with training on the following:
- Accessible Customer Service Training (in compliance with Regulation 429/07)
- Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) in compliance with Regulation 413/12
- The Human Rights Code as it pertains to individuals with disabilities
This training will be provided to all current staff, all new staff at the time of orientation, and when changes are made to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA, 2005”). All MC Commercial employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf will be trained. MC Commercial Inc. will maintain a record of the names and dates of all employees who received training.
MC Commercial Inc. shall take the following steps to make its internet website and web content conform with the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 initially at Level A and increasing to Level AA by:
- Ensuring that any web content developed internally or externally meets the Information and Communication Standard
- Ensuring that by January 1, 2021 all internet website and web content posted prior to 2012 conforms with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
Employees and external customers who wish to provide feedback on the way MC Commercial Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback through the following methods:
1. Verbal discussion through contacting our Head Office at 905-315-2300 and asking to speak to an employee who works in Human Resources.
2. By sending an e-mail directly to email@example.com.
3. By writing to:
Attention: Human Resources
MC Commercial Inc.
5420 North Service Road, Suite 300
Burlington, ON L7R 5B6
The various methods to provide feedback will be communicated to all new hires during orientation and will also be posted on our website, www.geappliances.ca. All feedback will be directed to the Human Resources Director. Customers can expect to hear back within 5-7 business days.
Service Animals, Support Persons, and Assistive Devices
MC Commercial Inc. welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals, support persons, and/or assistive devices. Service animals are permitted on the parts of our premises that are open to the public. A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person or requires an assistive device may have that person or device accompany them on our premises.
Accessible Customer Service Plan Documents
A copy of MC Commercial Inc.’s AODA Integrated Accessibility Policy shall be made available in an accessible format to persons with disabilities upon request. Copies of policies or information contained within a document provided to a person with a disability shall be provided in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.