THE GE APPLIANCES (MC COMMERCIAL INC.) TFC SWAG GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF, AND RESIDING WITHIN, CANADA WHO ARE, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, AT LEAST THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR PROVINCE/TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE. CONTEST EXCLUDES QUEBEC.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The GE Appliances (MC Commercial) TFC Swag Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is offered and open only to legal residents of, and residing within, Canada who, at the time of entry, are at least the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence. Officers, directors, representatives, agents and employees of MC Commercial Inc. (“Sponsor”), its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, advertising/Contest/web design agencies, service providers or independent contractors (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sponsor & Others”), and members of their household and of their immediate families (i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, “steps” of each) and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members whether related or not and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, Contest, execution of, or supply to this Giveaway (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win. Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. Giveaway excludes Quebec.
2. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE GIVEAWAY: ELIGIBILITY: GIVEAWAY: The Giveaway starts on October 3rd, 2020 at 10:00 A.M., Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 29th, 2020 at 8:00:00 P.M., ET (“Giveaway Period”). The Giveaway Period includes one (7) Prize (as defined below) entry periods (a “Prize Entry Period”). The important dates for the Entry Periods are listed in Rule 4 below. Entrants can earn an entry into the Prize Draw by following the directions in Rule 3 and either sharing a photo of their game day attire and tagging “GE Appliances Canada” on Instagram or submitting a mail-in entry.
3. TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY: There are two (2) ways to enter:
(A) BY SHARING A PHOTO OF YOUR GAME DAY APPAREL ON INSTAGRAM AND TAGGING GE APPLIANCES CANADA:During the Giveaway Period, share a photo of your game day attire and tag GE Appliances Canada on Instagram (@geappliancesca). In order for you to receive an entry into the Giveaway, both you and your entry must be in compliance with the Official Rules.
(B) MAIL–IN ENTRY: You may also receive an entry into the Giveaway without having to follow GE Appliances on Instagram by legibly hand–printing on a properly stamped 3½″ × 5″ post card your name, complete street address, valid email address, telephone number, date of birth AND favourite player from the Toronto FC and mailing it to: GE Appliances (MC Commercial) TFC Swag Giveaway, 5420 North Service Road Suite 300, Burlington, ON, L7R 5B6, Att: Marketing Department. Mail–in entries not containing all of the information requested above will be disqualified. The receipt date of the mail–in entry will determine the Prize Draw Period in which it will be entered; a mail–in entry must be received by the deadline indicated in the table in Rule 4 below in order to be eligible for the corresponding Prize Draw. Lost, misdirected, mutilated or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS/ODDS OF WINNING: As stated above, the Giveaway consists of seven (7) Prize Entry Periods, starting and ending on the dates and times described in the table herein below. Other important dates are also listed.
On each of the dates listed in the table directly below, Administrator (the independent agency administering this Giveaway) will conduct a random drawing (each, a “Prize Draw”) to randomly select the five (5) potential Prize winners (“Prize Winners”) from among all of the eligible entries received during the corresponding Prize Entry Period. The odds of winning a Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Prize Entry Period.
Weekly Prize Entry Period: Entry Period 1
START DATE (AS OF 10:00:00 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 3, 2020
END DATE (AS OF 8:00:00 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 4, 2020
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE: October 4, 2020
RANDOM DRAWING DATE: October 4, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: October 5, 2020
Weekly Prize Entry Period: Entry Period 2
START DATE (AS OF 10:00:00 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 7, 2020
END DATE (AS OF 8:00:00 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 8, 2020
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE: October 8, 2020
RANDOM DRAWING DATE: October 8, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: October 9, 2020
Weekly Prize Entry Period: Entry Period 3
START DATE (AS OF 10:00:00 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 11, 2020
END DATE (AS OF 8:00:00 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 12, 2020
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE: October 12, 2020
RANDOM DRAWING DATE: October 12, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: October 13, 2020
Weekly Prize Entry Period: Entry Period 4
START DATE (AS OF 10:00:00 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 14, 2020
END DATE (AS OF 8:00:00 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 13, 2020
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE: October 13, 2020
RANDOM DRAWING DATE: October 13, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: October 14, 2020
Weekly Prize Entry Period: Entry Period 5
START DATE (AS OF 10:00:00 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 18, 2020
END DATE (AS OF 8:00:00 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 19, 2020
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE: October 19, 2020
RANDOM DRAWING DATE: October 19, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: October 20, 2020
Weekly Prize Entry Period: Entry Period 6
START DATE (AS OF 10:00:00 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 24, 2020
END DATE (AS OF 8:00:00 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 25, 2020
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE: October 25, 2020
RANDOM DRAWING DATE: October 25, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: October 26, 2020
Weekly Prize Entry Period: Entry Period 7
START DATE (AS OF 10:00:00 A.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 28, 2020
END DATE (AS OF 8:00:00 P.M. E.T. THAT DAY): October 29, 2020
MAIL–IN RECEIPT DEADLINE DATE: October 29, 2020
RANDOM DRAWING DATE: October 29, 2020
NOTIFICATION DATE: October 30, 2020
The potential Prize Winners will be notified by direct message on or about the applicable indicated draw date. Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions will be final and binding as to all matters pertaining to this Giveaway.
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER, the potential Prize Winners will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolutediscretion of the Sponsor, be administered by Sponsor during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call); and (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Giveaway Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Giveaway, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Giveaway and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor worldwide, in perpetuity and in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a potential Prize winner: (a) is unreachable; (b) fails to respond to a prize notification email (or if it is returned as undeliverable); (c) fails to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (d) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (e) fails to return the properly executed Giveaway documents within the specified time; (f) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (g) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining applicable entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential winner).
PRIZES (35): There are thirty-five (35) prizes (“Prizes”) available to be won at the start of the Giveaway. There will be five (5) Prizes allocated to each Prize Entry Period. The number of Prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the Giveaway as they are claimed in accordance with these Official Rules. The Prize consists of one (1) Toronto FC hoodie with an approximate retail value of $89.99 CAD each.
NOTE: Limit: Only one (1) Prize per person or household address throughout the Giveaway Period regardless of email address used.
IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZES :
The following terms and conditions apply to each Prize:
- NO Cash value, No Substitutions
The Prize will be awarded provided there are a sufficient number of eligible entries; however, Sponsor will make no more than three (3) attempts to award a Prize. If after three (3) such good faith attempts, Sponsor is unable to award a prize; the prize will not be awarded.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Prize Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. Authorized account holder “is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, on–line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
THE RELEASED PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON–INFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS A PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF A PRIZE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR & OTHERS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO YOU.
7. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By acceptance of any Prize, the Prize Winner agrees to allow Sponsor, and/or its designees the perpetual right to use his/her first name, personal information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for Giveaway, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except as and where prohibited by law.
8. RELEASE: By acceptance of any Prize, the Prize Winner releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Giveaway or acceptance of a Prize, or arising out of use of or participation in any Giveaway or Prize–related activity.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND CHOICE OF LAW:
Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and all disputes arising out of or connected with this Giveawat will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by the courts located in Toronto. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the Province of Ontario and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the Province of Ontario. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out–of–pocket expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Giveaway and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: GENERAL: By entering this Giveaway, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules as stated herein and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Giveaway. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws. Void in all jurisdictions other than Canada and where prohibited by law. Giveaway excludes Quebec.
11. WINNERS LIST: To learn who won, send a self–addressed stamped envelope within 30 days after the end of the Giveaway to “GE Appliances (MC Commercial Inc.) TFC Swag Giveaway Winners List, 5420 North Service Rd Suite 300, Burlington, ON, L7R 5B6, Att: Marketing Department.
These Official Rules may not be re–published in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the Sponsor.